Sunday, December 1, 2019

A car! ...and the Bee Gees




This week I picked up the little pearl on these pictures. Hope we're gonna be best friends for a a while


There are a few issues. A chirping sound from the engine when on idle made me think I had a bird under the bonnet but none flew out when I opened...
The power window on the driver side will not last long I'm afraid. Don't dare to open it as I'm not sure it will be possible to close one more time.
Those things need to be fixed but otherwise it seems to be driving ok. No surprises.




So this weekend of course we went on a road trip, my blue friend and I. Redcliffe became the selected destination. Redcliffe is, besides being a quite nice little town by the sea, known for it's many fish restaurants and Yabbey Road is said to have the best Fish and Chips in the Brisbane region.




It's just a little hole in the wall but obviously very popular. The F&C was served in paper just as the tradition dictates. The fish was perfectly cooked and very yummy. Not sure about the fries though. Thought they had a bit bitter taste



Redcliffe's big sons are the Bee Gees. Well, actually they were from the UK but the family emigrated to Australia and they were living in Redcliffe when they got their break through. Haha, I always thought they were Californian...
Anyway, in Redcliffe they have got their own laneway with pictures, information and statues.




On the way up along the coast I passed Shorncliffe with the pier and Sandgate. As you can see it was a quite windy day although the temperature was +31 !






Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment