Sunday, November 24, 2019

Ever heard about Icehouse?

This weekend I bought a car. Will give me some more freedom and expand my territory. Unfortunately we had some issues with transferring the registration so will sort that tomorrow and pick it up. Pictures will come!



On Saturday night I also visited Eat Street. That's an event that takes place every weekend in a bit remote area at the river not far from the airport. Also they had moved it since I was last there so I jumped of the ferry at wrong terminal and had to walk 2 km's to get there...
Anyway, it's a cool place with lots of neon lights and maybe 100 different food stalls with representation of cousins from all over the world. Well, from Scandinavia there's only the swedish candy bar where you can buy swedish "lösviktsgodis", i.e. you pick your favourites and pay by weight.
There are also three different scenes with live music!





After a round among the delicious aromas from the various kitchens I decide to go for marinated, slow cooked lamb, served in a cone with sauce, vegetables and turkish bread. So yummy!

Preparing my dinner

The result!

And a little dessert...


There have been lots of great Australian music groups, especially in the 80´s and 90´s. We all remember Men at work, INXS, Hoodoo Gurus, Midnight Oil, John Farnham and of course Kylie.
And AC/DC has always been around.
But Icehouse?!
Last weekend I was watching a gala to support children with cancer on TV and this Icehouse band performed. I was knocked out. They were really great and they have been around since the 80's.
Just listen to this song, "Great Southern Land". A song doesn't get better. It's one of those that starts off quite anonymously and quiet but then just grows. So please listen to the full song. I guarantee it's worth it. It was first released in 1982 but this is a newer live version.



Cheers



Oh not that song.. wake me up when it's over...











No comments:

Post a Comment